What are the Key Points in Goal Setting?
Goal setting is an important method of accomplishing any lifetime achievement. However, there are some key points that you should consider before setting your goals. Let’s take a look at what those are:
• Deciding what is important for you to achieve in your life and making your choices based on this knowledge.
• Separating what is important from what is irrelevant so that your focus is in the right place.
• Motivating yourself to achievement to ensure their accomplishment.
• Building your self-confidence based on the measured achievement of goals.
• Ensuring that your goals are your own and no one else’s.
You should allow yourself to enjoy the achievement of goals and reward yourself appropriately. You must draw lessons where they are appropriate, and feed these back into your future performances. In learning from mistakes and errors, you are guaranteeing future success.
You would think that there would be more than five key points to goal setting, but truly there are only five. Everything else is just a branch of the main five points. Let me show you what I mean.
What this diagram shows you are the key points in setting your goals. It shows that they are the key points in the setting of your goals.
If you continue to add more branches to those four, you will see that they are all manifestations of what you are already seeing. As you continue to add more branches you will find that all these things will tie into the first branches.
Please click here for the next step: How Goal Setting Can Go Wrong.