Get Motivated To Achieve Your Goals
How could I write a guide to setting and achieving goals if I didn’t actually give you a few tips on the most important part of setting goals?
The key to successful goal setting is your ability to motivate yourself and stay motivated until you have achieved your goals.
Getting and staying motivated is not as difficult as it may seem. It just takes discipline. Let’s look at the thing that you should do in order to get and stay motivated.
First, let’s take a look at what motivation really is:
• Motivation is not a product of outside influence; it is a natural product of your desire to achieve something and your belief that you are capable of doing it.
• Positive goals that are geared toward your pleasure are much more powerful motivators than negative ones that are based on fear. The right combination of both is the most powerful and motivating mix.
Now let’s look at what you can actually do to motivate yourself and stay that way:
1. Start with visualizing your future success and model the feelings you’ll experience when you achieve it.
2. Mentally walk the path towards this success and base your feelings at different milestones on the way.
3. Assign a high priority to each task that you must achieve which will give each task a priority in your mind.
4. Set a target for the amount of work you will do each day toward your goals.
5. Visualize the desired outcome. Create a picture of what the desired outcome will look like, and have this vision in your mind at all times.
6. Set milestones of the things you like to do and the things that you are good at.
7. Use visual indicators to monitor progress and complete the task.
8. Give yourself affirmations to remind yourself of how capable you are at reaching your goals.
9. Watch movies that motivate you.
10. Listen to music that motivates you.
11. If you work better with competition, make a deal with a friend or family member to compete for the goal for example who gets there first! It can be hypothetical and doesn’t necessarily have to be for real.
12. Get help and support from people around you or from a professional in the field, for example a personal trainer, finance manager, etc..
13. Define your own version of success. Don’t let others define success for you.
14. Ignore any negative influences or responses to your efforts.
15. Make a conscious effort to do better than you have ever done in the past.
16. Focus on the positive achievements and not the negatives.
17. Share your successes with others as this will keep you focused and help you voice your accomplishments which will realize your achievements for you.
18. Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses and work on both of them.
19. Train yourself to finish what you start by refusing to quit until you are done.
20. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and don’t punish yourself for making them.
To continue to the next step of your goal setting guide, please click this link: Goal Setting Do's and Don'ts.